- Provide competitive and business intelligence research and analysis
- Develop and promote a knowledge management culture
- Conduct legal research and synthesize information for attorneys, engineers, scientists, and agents.
- Track legislation, litigation, and patent applications
- Perform citation checks and detailed case law research
- Manage the office library collection and provision of services
- Other special projects for the department
- Provide training for attorneys and staff on legal research platforms
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented, with excellent follow-through and project management skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of print and electronic resources and databases commonly used in large law firms
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Professional client service manner, responsiveness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Demonstrated “client first” mentality
- Ability to synthesize research into concise written summaries
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Education and Experience:
- 5 plus years of professional library experience, preferably in a law library
- Master's degree in Library and Information Studies from an ALA accredited graduate program is preferred
- Will consider related degree with relevant experience
About Michael Best:
Michael Best is a full service firm with more than 220 lawyers who provide clients with the exceptional legal service and business acumen that have defined our firm for generations. Our practice is broadly organized into the following areas: Banking & Financial Services, Corporate & Transactional, Energy Law, Environmental & Natural Resources, Government Relations & Public Policy, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment Relations, Litigation, Real Estate, and Tax. Michael Best has a long history of serving clients in the consumer and industrial products sectors. As those sectors evolve, our practice has grown to encompass a diverse range of technology and software clients. We have deep experience in a number of industries that are subject to unique regulatory schemes or rapidly changing market conditions, such as: Agribusiness, Energy, Food & Beverage, Higher Education, and Life Sciences.
Michael Best is steadfastly committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination based upon age, race, religion, color, disability, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact Human Resources at 414.271.6560 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.