Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP provides business and legal counsel to clients throughout the United States and around the world. Since its founding in 1909, our firm has grown into one the largest law firms in the country, with nearly 375 attorneys who are located in seven offices in Ohio, Texas, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. Our firm is consistently recognized for providing outstanding service to our clients. The Vorys team strives to create best practice legal support services by fostering a collaborative environment leading to prosperity for our clients and satisfaction for our employees. Vorys rewards our employees for their exceptional work by providing competitive salaries and a broad array of benefits. For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.vorys.com and check us out on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
The Columbus office of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is searching for an experienced immigration paralegal. The paralegal will work with three attorneys in the firm’s immigration practice, which focuses on business and employment-related cases, but also handles family-based immigration matters from time to time. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who is eager to take on responsibility and work in a challenging environment.
- Draft, review and file various petitions including H-1B, L-1, O-1, TN, J-1 and E-1/E-2 visa petitions, PERM applications, immigrant visa petitions and adjustment of status applications.
- Gather facts and documentation in support of petitions.
- Review files for status and maintain/organize client matters and calendars.
- Draft correspondence regarding procedural matters, status updates, and letters in support of petitions.
- Interact with government agencies, including the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service.
- Perform legal research.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of immigration procedures and processes.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Working knowledge of INSZoom.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing and research abilities
- Ability to prioritize work while remaining focused on deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and matters.
- In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
- Strong proofreading skills and the ability to analyze legal documents for accuracy.
- Spanish, Japanese or other foreign language skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and paralegal certificate from an ABA approved paralegal program or equivalent experience required.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Bridgett S. Klingbeil
Director of Paralegals
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP