This individual reports to the Talent Development Manager and will work closely with a team of professionals to implement and monitor programs relating to the development and advancement of the firm’s lawyers, and the firm’s overall diversity & inclusion initiatives. The Talent Development Coordinator will initiate and execute training and CLE programs, Orientation and other Firm wide professional development programs.
The Coordinator role, a non-exempt position, based in Chicago, serves all offices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
CLE Training and Development Programs:
- Implement and execute firm wide in-house CLE training program logistics, including: group web cast set-up and coordination, creating, distributing and monitoring invitations and RSVPS, coordinating and scheduling catering and audio-visual logistics and providing course materials to attendees
- Oversee the execution of all training programs and events - including set-up, vendor contracts, catering, course materials and post-program logistics
- Coordinate the annual in-house NITA training program
The Talent Development Coordinator will work with department Manager(s) on the following programs and Initiatives:
- Talent Development Programs: by office and Firmwide orientation, Corporate Boot Camp, Mentoring, Career Development Program, and other specialty programs
- Assist in coordinating six month and annual performance evaluations for associate attorneys
Other Tasks and Activities:
- Assist in routine department tasks which vary widely in level of complexity
- Create and distribute ad hoc projects as required
- Update Jennernet and firm calendar with all Talent Development Events and activities (as needed)
Demonstrates the ability to deliver high quality work while maintaining a customer service focus. A professional with experience in training, with an understanding of a law firm or professional services environment.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience, 3-5 years experience in a continuing education or talent development coordination
- Must have a legal environment background with CLE compliance experience preferred
- Able to work with a team of highly-skilled professionals in situations that require diplomacy and confidentiality
- Able to maintain a good rapport with various personnel at all levels
- Proficient in basic computer applications including: CE Manager, Windows XP and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) -proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience using SharePoint a plus
- Possess project management skills, sound business judgment and be able to multi-task
- Must be detailed oriented and a critical thinker
- Possess excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and phone skills
- Must have excellent proofreading skills