The Audio/Visual Systems Specialist is responsible for assisting with installing, configuring, operating, and maintaining audio/visual systems and services in the New York office and in other Hogan Lovells offices as required. Systems currently range from desktop video conferencing to fully integrated room based systems. The Audio/Visual Systems Specialist will also be responsible for assisting the New York Technology Support team with technology support calls, telephone support, and occasional desk side support. Effective communication and coordination with other departments, individual lawyers and business services employees, clients, and outside vendors and contractors is an essential part of this position. The position reports to the Technology Support Manager.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with the delivery, installation, operation, and retrieval of audio/visual equipment for daily meetings and firm events in the New York office in accordance with the daily conference room schedule and just-in-time requests from the Conference Scheduling Department;
- Operation of the New York office audio/visual systems integrated with video conferencing, projection, audio, video recording, playback, and remote control devices.
- Assistance with the coordination of audio/visual support for firm events held at public facilities, which may include interaction with vendors and other facility support staff.
- Operation of video cameras to record firm programs and events; Video and audio tape duplication, including media labeling and documentation.
- Assistance with the implementation of new technologies, equipment, and network services related to video conferencing and audio/visual services firmwide.
- Assistance with identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving A/V equipment and connectivity issues.
- Assistance with maintaining a thorough inventory of A/V equipment and supplies, and monitoring the repair and replacement of non-working, damaged, and/or obsolete equipment.
- Production and review of the conference scheduling system reports to identify daily A/V requirements, and regularly update of department operating schedules accordingly.
- Support for firmwide multi-point video conferences, which may include consulting with lawyers, business services employees, clients, and vendors to determine requirements, and monitoring meetings as required.
- Interaction with partners, associates, business services employees, and clients to provide A/V and computer support when needed.
- Installation, setup, support, and troubleshooting assistance to all firm personnel regarding computer hardware and printer-related issues in the New York office.
- Assisting the Technology Support team with general IT-related technology support calls, telephone support, and desk side support.
- All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication; organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills; audio/visual technical expertise and knowledge, including:
- Ability to set up, interconnect, and operate audio/visual equipment, including: LCD projectors and screens, DVD-VHS decks, document & digital video cameras, computers, audio tape decks, audio mixers, microphones, and public address systems.
- Ability to establish firm and client computer connections to the internet and/or the firm’s network, and to upload and operate PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to perform all functions related to DVD, VHS, DVCam and audio tape duplication, including basic editing and accurate media labeling.
- Ability to operate complex audio/visual systems integrated with video conferencing, projection, audio, recording, playback, and remote control devices.
- Ability to operate portable videoconference equipment, establish point-to-point and multi-point connections, and interconnect auxiliary equipment such as computers and document cameras.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve A/V equipment and connectivity issues, as well as PC hardware and printer related issues.
- Skilled knowledge of Windows 7 and Microsoft Office applications.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2)+ years of experience in A/V industry required.
- College degree is preferred. Audio/visual technical expertise and knowledge may be substituted for a degree.
- Law firm experience is preferred.
- Must have ability to lift computer equipment, including monitors, which may weigh up to 40 lbs.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., including lunch hour, with flexibility for overtime as needed.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.