McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held. The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work.
We are seeking an Application Integration Engineer. This position is an integral part of our Firm-wide Information Systems team and is responsible for administering all maintenance and development of the Firm’s financial applications. This position plans and conducts technical design, coding, unit testing and integration testing; and maintains detailed documentation of assigned tasks and projects. This position regularly interacts with end users, firm wide and local IT teams, and outside vendors. Additionally, the Application Integration Engineer oversees technical troubleshooting activities and acts as the point person for resolution of financial systems-related service tickets. This position uses broad knowledge of IT disciplines, including server, Citrix, mobile, security and database infrastructure, to plan and accomplish goals. This position can be based in any of our U.S. offices.
As an Application Integration Engineer, you will:
- Act as the primary support contact for accounting representatives, administrative staff and external vendors on issues relating to the financial applications
- Design, develop and support custom applications using C#, VB.NET, SQL and ASP.NET
- Be responsible for data tables, screen development, report writing, SQL data queries, technical architecture, and Generic Importer functionality
- Extend functionality of commercial products using Application Program Interfaces (API’s) and/or database development and develop solutions to facilitate integration between applications
- Provide technical support to end-users for custom and commercial financial applications
- Develop user interfaces, middle tier objects, and stored procedures
- Consult with vendors to resolve issues related to the Firm’s financial applications, as needed
- Lead a multidisciplinary team in the planning, resourcing and budgeting as relates to the Firm’s financial applications
- Identify areas for improvement within the Firm’s financial applications and independently propose and execute improvement solutions
- Work with and support Business Intelligence tools.
- Generate reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Conduct analyses and create documentation for financial application development and/or maintenance requests
- Research and recommend enhancements or upgrades for financial applications