Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson, P.A., a 130-attorney law firm headquartered in Charlotte and founded in 1960, is currently searching for a full-time Attorney Recruiting and Diversity Coordinator to support the recruiting and hiring of entry-level lawyers and the firm’s diversity and inclusion efforts. This position requires strong interpersonal, organization, time management, and communication skills paired with a dedicated client service mentality. This position is the face of the firm in many situations, and the individual must create and maintain a positive image through interactions with students, law school career services personnel, attorneys, staff, vendors, and the local bar. The firm offers an unparalleled opportunity to work with top-notch talent, a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, growth opportunities and continuous training opportunities.
Candidates must have a four-year degree and at least one to two years of relevant experience with attorney recruiting and diversity initiatives. The position is full-time, non-exempt and will report directly to the firm’s Attorney Recruiting Administrator and will also work with the firm’s Executive Administrator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for entry-level associate and law student recruitment by pre-screening resumes, tracking candidates, coordinating the interview process, helping with offer letter preparation, and orienting new hires.
- Assist in coordinating the On-Campus Interview (OCI) and callback process, including tracking and evaluation of candidates, preparing follow-up letters, and preparing recruiting committee materials.
- Work closely with the department manager and Recruiting Committee in implementing the firm’s Summer Associate program, including pre-arrival processes and communications, tracking assignments and evaluations, planning and executing social activities, and preparing recruiting committee materials.
- Coordinate and send response letters to interviewed candidates and write-in submissions.
- Maintain legal recruiting database and statistical reports.
- Network, promote and build relationships with candidates, law schools, and other legal recruiting sources.
- Support the firm's efforts to recruit, mentor, retain and develop lawyers with diverse backgrounds, outlooks and interests
- Work with the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Recruiting Committee, and management to help coordinate and implement firm diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Assist in promoting and articulating the benefits of diversity and inclusion for the firm, its attorneys and staff, clients, and the legal community.
- Maintain diversity-related statistical information for firm, survey and RFP reporting.
- Prepare initial drafts of diversity-related surveys and reports, including quantitative research, benchmarking data and marketplace research on diversity trends.
- Coordinate location/audiovisual/catering for diversity workshops, events and programs.
- Assist with firm participation in local bar diversity clerkships, job fairs and diverse affinity group activities.
- Additional responsibilities may require work outside of normal business hours in support of the firm’s recruiting efforts.