The law firm of Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin seeks a full time Database Analyst to join its growing Center City Philadelphia office.
As a member of the Application Development Services team, the Database Analyst is responsible for care and feeding of the firm's Microsoft SQL Server environment and shares responsibility for maintenance of many data-centric systems, such as the firm's accounting system and document management systems.
This position is a member of the Information Technology team based in the firm's Philadelphia headquarters and reports to the Manager, Application Development Services.
This job is in compliance with Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law. http://www.marshalldennehey.com/media/pdf-articles/BTB%20POSTER%20FINAL_3-9-16.pdf
- Primary IT support of Microsoft SQL Server and SQL databases, including data integrity, availability, backups, sizing and provisioning, performance tuning and monitoring, and related standards and procedures
- Data integrity and availability, including monitoring and creation of backups and maintenance of High Availability server installations
- Database maintenance, including sizing and provisioning; index maintenance; and monitoring of logs and consistency checks
- Database design, tuning, and troubleshooting for SQL applications
- User and database security
- Installation and configuration of new SQL Server environments as required
- Relevant standards, best practices, and policies for SQL and the SQL Server environment
- Primary responsibility for data integration and data transfer jobs using SSIS, DTS, Aderant Generic Importer, and other technologies as needed
- Assists with support of the firm's Aderant accounting system and related applications such as the data warehouse, conflicts, collections, and time entry applications
- Assists with database design, tuning, and troubleshooting for custom SQL applications
- Assists IT and Finance personnel with database queries and financial reports as needed
- Researches applicable technologies and solutions; evaluate products and make reasonable recommendations for improvements to IT management