Americans for Immigrant Justice (AI Justice – formerly FIAC) is an award winning, nationally recognized pro bono law firm that protects and promotes the basic human rights of immigrants. In Florida and on a national level, we champion the rights of unaccompanied immigrant children; advocate for survivors of human trafficking and domestic violence; serve as a watchdog on immigration detention and enforcement practices and policies; and speak for immigrant groups who have particular and compelling claims. Grounded in real-world, boots on the ground experience, AI Justice’s work on the frontlines in Florida informs its broader policy work.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Advocacy Director is a member of AI Justice’s senior staff and takes the lead in developing and implementing the organization’s policy/advocacy agenda at the local, state and national levels.
The Advocacy Director will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring and analyzing relevant activity related to immigration policy on the local, regional, and national levels.
- Driving a strong policy and advocacy agenda consistent with the organization’s strategic plan and mission.
- Communicating with and briefing allies, stakeholders, and government officials through in-person meetings, written communications, and phone calls.
- Developing and disseminating policy statements, position papers, press releases, Op-Eds, sign-on letters, and comprehensive reports on issues related to immigration policy and/or AI Justice’s work.
- Serving as a spokesperson for the agency, including for Spanish-language media, to promote AI Justice’s work and awareness of the organization and immigration policy, including planning and organizing press conferences.
- Working closely with other NGO’s in Florida and nationally on advocacy issues of interest to AI Justice, including attending meetings.
- Representing AI Justice in the community to increase the agency’s visibility and community contacts.
- Working with the organization’s development team in support of AI Justice’s fundraising agenda, including participating in proposal writing, creation of marketing materials, donor meetings, funder recruitment, and events as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
How to apply
To Apply: Please email your letter of interest, resume, list of references, and writing sample to email@example.com and include “ADVOCACY DIRECTOR” in the subject line.
Due to the large response, only complete applications will be considered and only those applicants invited to interview will be contacted.
AI Justice is an EOE/AA employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED