O’Melveny & Myers LLP, with approximately 700 lawyers in 15 offices worldwide, helps industry leaders across an array of sectors manage the primary complex challenges of succeeding in the global economy. We are a values driven law firm, guided by the principles of excellence, leadership, and citizenship. Our commitment to these values is reflected in our dedication to improving access to justice through pro bono work and championing initiatives that increase diversity in the legal profession.
We have an immediate opening for an Attorney Recruiting and Development Manager who will direct all associate attorney recruiting and development efforts for the New York office. In conjunction with the Director of Attorney Recruiting, Office Hiring Partner, and Office Head, he or she will develop and manage a proactive recruiting strategy to position O’Melveny & Myers as the firm of choice for top-tier legal talent. The Attorney Recruiting and Development Manager will manage the on-campus interview process, lateral associate and counsel hiring, and plan and manage the summer associate program. In conjunction with the Director of Attorney Professional Development and the Attorney Training & CLE Manager, he or she will also help manage the attorney development process, including overseeing associate and counsel evaluations, administering skills and development training programs, and implementing orientation and integration programs for new attorneys.
The Attorney Recruiting and Development Manager will:
• In conjunction with the Director of Attorney Recruiting, formulate, administer and maintain recruiting policies, procedures and practices consistent with the goals and objectives of the Firm.
• Collaborate with the Office Head, Office Hiring Partner, and practice group leaders to develop and implement effective recruiting strategies and searches.
• Manage the law school student recruiting process, including developing strategic outreach and communications with targeted law schools.
• Supervise coordination of summer associate programs and events, and organization of on-campus and in-office interviews.
• Manage the recruitment of lateral associates to meet the Firm’s strategic objectives and practice needs.
• Regularly articulate and promote talent development programs to attorneys. Build awareness, understanding, and support for the Firm’s talent development initiatives.
• Work closely with office leaders to negotiate compensation and other offer terms for candidates, when applicable.
• Oversee and organize the mentor program for first-year associates and develop integration tools for lateral hires; coordinate with members of Talent Development to develop and implement the key elements of associate mentoring programs.
• Plan and manage summer associate and fall recruitment programs in the NY office. Work with office leaders to determine and monitor summer associate and fall associate capacity.
• Develop and manage annual recruiting budget for the NY office. Investigate, analyze and budget for new recruiting initiatives.
• Serve as the primary contact for the NY office for law schools, search firms and industry organizations (NALP, etc.).
• Oversee onboarding, new attorney orientation and exit procedures and interviews for attorneys.
• Work with the Director of Diversity & Inclusion to continue the Firm’s efforts to implement diversity and inclusion initiatives.
• Manage the transition of lawyer transfers and office relocations.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information, or to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.omm.com. Response will be given to candidates who closely meet our qualifications. EOE M/F/D/V. No phone inquiries, please.