We are seeking an Applications Integration Engineer in our Newark office. This position is an integral part of our IT Applications team that is responsible for the support, migration, management, maintenance, availability, and stability of the firm's desktop applications including the document management system (iManage), and SQL environment.
This hands-on technical engineer position participates as a team member in planning and executing all upgrades, migrations, maintenance, performance tuning, analysis, troubleshooting, documentation, and data management/integration relating to the firm's data-centric software architectures in which SQL databases play a crucial role.
The Applications Integration Engineer will regularly interact with the firm's business units, management and IT teams, and outside vendors. Additionally, the Applications Integration Engineer will perform technical troubleshooting and remediation and acts as the point person for resolution of application and database related service tickets. This position uses a broad knowledge of IT disciplines with a specific focus on:
· iManage Document Management Systems
· Microsoft SQL Server - data queries, T-SQL, SSRS Report design, Stored Procedures, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) concepts
This position reports to the IT Applications Manager.
The Applications Integration Engineer is a contributing member of the following teams:
Document Management Team
· iManage operational end-user support and service requests (imports, exports, security changes, Workspace provisioning, etc.)
· iManage server maintenance, monitoring, and optimization (Middle Tier DMS server, Communications Server, Web, and IDOL)
· Participate in planning and executing iManage upgrades, migrations, and maintenance.
· iManage Database Analytics – Writing queries and reports to analyze DMS user behavior and trending.
Data-Centric Applications Team
· Writing and modifying existing automation to meet automation goals
· Design and execute data extraction, transformation and loading using ETL tools.
· Developing and Maintaining the firm's SQL Reporting environment
· Developing and maintaining Data Integration automation
· Developing and maintaining Dataflow Diagram documentation
SQL Support Team
· Creating, monitoring, and maintaining scheduled maintenance plans to ensure that databases are optimized, regularly backed up, and free of inconsistencies
· Performing database maintenance as required
· Installing upgrades and Windows Security Updates
· Managing SQL server and database security and permissions
· Maintaining solutions to monitor databases, servers, and processes for proper performance using native Microsoft and third-party monitoring and alerting technologies
· Troubleshooting SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
· Tracing and auditing SQL Server activity
· Creating and Maintaining documentation of the firm's database environment
Experience within a law firm working with legal industry applications and vendors on the enterprise administration side Experience with iManage clients (FileSite, DeskSite, and Web) and server topology. iManage Certification is a huge plus but not required Familiarity with 3rd Party iManage integration Products (Prosperoware Milan, IntApp Walls, etc.) Experience with Legal data-centric solutions such as Thompson Elite, Lexis Nexis Interaction, Litera Innova, New Business Intake, Sharepoint, etc. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Transact-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Windows Server 2003-2016, SQL Server Database Administration 2005-2016 Understanding of programming and development concepts, tools, and languages Familiarity with VMWare concepts and tools. Familiarity with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 6.5 and 7.15 Familiarity with concepts, and configurations relating to SQL Backups/Restores, Disaster Recovery, High Availability (AAG, Clustering),Monitoring and Alerting, Data Integration, and System Optimization Familiarity with SQL Reporting services including creating, modifying, and managing custom reports Familiarity with database migration projects, tools, and methodologies Understanding of VMWare and storage (EMC, replication) technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Change Management principals and processes is a plus.
Exceptional analytical skills and mindset with strong interpersonal and communication skills essential; Must be a problem-solver and a "reverse engineer”. Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and open communication Creates positive relationships throughout the firm to support a culture of team integrity Embraces change, supports the vision and demonstrates a commitment to change Ability to effectively manage time and priorities to support the needs of the Firm Capable of learning large, complex applications and solutions in a short time frame Excellent analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management