The Business Services Recruiter, under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, will have responsibility for the recruitment of non-exempt and exempt business services positions for the firm as delegated. In this role, the Business Services Recruiter will work closely with hiring managers to assess their needs as it applies to full-time placement, job postings, and occasional temporary placement.
• Discuss hiring needs and position requirements with hiring managers for all positions assigned through an intake meeting. This will include determining the profile for the ideal candidate and the sourcing strategy needed. • Operate as a recruiting client relationship manager to the business services departments. • Ensure a current job description and requisition form has been submitted. In situations where a job description needs to be created or edited, work closely with the hiring manager. • Partner with HR compensation analyst to ensure salary ranges and compensation level. • Identify and utilize various recruitment sources to advertise positions, i.e. legal association websites, targeted job boards, specialized publications and as necessary search firms. Manage working relationships with vendors and liase with applicants search firms. • Review resumes in a timely manner. Conduct all phone screenings, assessments, and HR interviews to determine candidate’s qualifications and job requirements. Evaluate and present a small pool of vetted qualified candidates to hiring manager. • Maintain scheduling and calendaring of interviews, generate correspondence, and accurate documentation. • Maintain clear, accurate, and complete documentation of files and online recruitment database. • Partner with HR Assistant on reference and background checks, education verifications, and client conflicts checks according to firm policy. • Extend offers to candidates upon the approval of the hiring manager in congruence with firm policies and procedures. • Work closely with Office Administrators in various U.S. locations on recruitment for local open positions. • Participate in new hire orientations as requested. This will include presentations made by the recruitment team and attending orientation luncheons. • Assist with department status updates and recruitment reports. • Attend recruitment events and seminars as requested. • All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program • Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Ability to identify and effectively analyze resumes for content to ensure they meet minimum job requirements. • Ability to assess skills and identify viable candidates in an interview. • Knowledge of effective interviewing techniques to extract pertinent information. • Exercise sound judgment and decision-making abilities. • Demonstrate excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills and have a service-oriented attitude. • Effective client relationship management skills. Ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of employees. • Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills are critical. • Ability to maintain confidentiality. • Ability to meet deadlines and work with little supervision. • Familiarity with human resources practices and employment laws, including EEO and ADA guidelines. • Ability to travel to U.S. offices, when needed.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Five (5)+ years of human resources experience and three (3)+ years of recruiting experience preferred. • Experience using an applicant tracking system and other recruiting tools/applications (viRecruit, LinkedIn, etc.) • Experience recruiting for support/corporate functions such as IT, finance, legal, and marketing & business development roles preferred. • Experience within a professional services environment preferred. • Recruiting agency experience a plus. • College degree preferred.
Core Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm (EST). Must be flexible to work additional hours. This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined. Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
About Hogan Lovells
Hogan Lovells is a leading global law firm, providing business-oriented legal advice and high-quality service across its breadth of practices to clients around the world. Our distinctive market position is founded on our exceptional breadth of our practice, our deep industry knowledge, and on our 'one team' global approach. Our people are the key to our success, which is why we seek to recruit and retain the most talented individuals in all regions of our global practice.
Central to providing valuable solutions to clients is a deep understanding of our clients' market and regulatory environment, and the potential impact of economic, legislative and other developments on their business. We recognize the need to think how our clients think, and to understand their issues, their challenges, and their opportunities.
Hogan Lovells is more than just a preeminent international law firm of talented and respected lawyers. It is a dynamic team of lawyers and staff who value and share the firm’s long-standing and emphatic commitment to professional excellence, collegiality, diversity, and community service. Hogan Lovells recruits entry-level and experienced professionals in numerous fiel...ds, including:
• Administrative Support
• Human Resources
• Information Technology
• Knowledge Management and Legal Research
• Litigation Support
• Marketing and Business Development
• Office Services
• Practice Support