FaegreBD, an Am Law 100 law firm, has a paralegal opportunity supporting the firm’s immigration and global mobility practice. Come work with our experienced lawyers located in the U.S., Europe and Asia as we help clients in organizations of all sizes, including multinational Fortune 500, medium, and small-sized public and private companies, manage their immigration and global mobility needs.
What you would do in this job:
• Interact with multinational corporate clients.
• Draft materials in support of visa and work permit applications for jurisdictions around the world.
• Coordinate workflow with global mobility vendors.
• Assist attorneys in preparation of employment-based immigration petitions and applications.
• Manage a heavy caseload of immigration matters in various stages.
• Utilize web-based immigration case management system and database continuously and accurately.
• Contribute to the development of practice processes to simplify work, standardize procedures and help the team operate more efficiently and effectively.
• Conduct immigration-related research.
• Energetic, organized, detail-orientated and disciplined, with the willingness to work hard. • Ability to work well independently and as part of a team, through effective communication and organizational strategies. • Ability to manage workflow and work under tight deadlines and other time constraints, with competing and shifting priorities. • Knowledge and commitment of the utilization of technology. • Ability to bill 1550 hours, annually, to meet the firm’s billing expectations for paralegals. • Strong project management skills.
• A career model that provides paralegals an opportunity for growth and outlined path toward career advancement within the firm. • A presumptive bonus for the achievement of the annual billable hours target and an opportunity to be rewarded for value-added work through a discretionary bonus. • Encouragement to prepare for future responsibilities and career success through the pursuit of in-house and off-site professional and education opportunities. • Opportunities to contribute to the health and vitality of the communities where we live and work through our tradition of pro bono, volunteerism, and philanthropy.
• Bachelor’s degree required with a paralegal certificate preferred.
• 3-5 years of employment-based immigration experience preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication, research and analytical skills required.
• Technical proficiency required in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Technical proficiency with Lawlogix and/or other immigration case management systems highly preferred.
• Experience with process improvement, project management, and lean practices preferred.
• Foreign language proficiency a plus.
About Faegre Baker Daniels
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP is dedicated to serving the legal needs of local, national, and international businesses. From offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and China, our staff of more than 1600 lawyers, consultants, paraprofessionals, administrative and operations professionals provide the expertise necessary to solve complex business challenges and work together to provide an exceptional experience for our clients.