Attorney Professional Development, Attorney Recruitment, Professional Legal Management
4 Year Degree
• Collaborate with the Chief Talent Officer to understand and apply the Firm’s career path, and plan for the attorney promotion pipeline and succession planning.
• Meet quarterly with Business Unit Leaders and Dept. Chairs to review talent management and development efforts, and assist in driving any necessary interventions and actions.
• Plan, manage and deliver training programs and firm-wide programs including evaluations, engagement surveys, mentoring opportunities, and exit interviews in order to enhance retention and further development of our attorneys.
• Work cohesively with other internal departments to solve critical workplace issues.
• Develop competency based performance objectives and continually evolve and integrate the competencies into development, retention, and recruiting initiatives; and develop a road map to deliver on those priorities.
• Build trust, cultivate relationships, and work to improve effectiveness across talent functions through collaboration, collegiality and professional excellence.
• Partner closely with Recruiting and D&I professionals to incorporate a D&I focus into all aspects of recruiting and development agenda to drive enhanced diversity at the firm.
• Plan and execute partner training events, annual departmental meetings, and conduct and/or manage coaching assignments.
• Stay abreast and report on industry trends and talent development data within the legal industry.
• Report on key internal talent development success metrics and regularly communicate the effectiveness and efficiency of the talent development function.
• Contributing member of the Attorney Advisory Committee, and Retention and Development Committee.
• Minimum of 6 years direct experience with talent development in a law firm or other professional services firm. • Extensive experience of designing and implementing solutions to support individuals in professional services firms, ideally in a law firm. • Excellent written and oral communication skills. • Strong judgment and high emotional intelligence. • Strong project management skills. • Inclusive and cultural sensitivity. • Must be able to maintain the highest level of discretion while handling sensitive information. • Ability to manage competing/conflicting priorities effectively to achieve a way forward. • Takes ownership of projects from defining strategy to detailed execution.
About Day Pitney LLP
Day Pitney is a highly regarded East Coast law firm with approximately 300 attorneys in thirteen offices, in Boston, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, and Washington, D.C. The firm was formed in January 2007 by the merger of two firms: the Hartford, Connecticut-based Day, Berry & Howard LLP (founded in 1919), which was one of the largest and most profitable firms in New England, and Pitney Hardin LLP (founded in 1902), which has been based in New York and New Jersey. Day Pitney builds long-lasting partnerships by listening to its clients and understanding their objectives. The firm prides itself on providing unlimited access to partners and has cultivated a deep bench of knowledgeable and experienced attorneys in all practice areas. Day Pitney’s lawyers work seamlessly across disciplines to guide clients through the evolving legal landscape.
Day Pitney’s Corporate, Litigation, and Trusts and Estates attorneys represent a variety of clients from individuals to Fortune 100 companies. The breadth and scope of services available to individual clients and families are among the most comprehensive in the country. The firm’s experience is extensive, including work in ...eight core industries:
• Energy and Utilities
• Financial Services
• Healthcare and Life Sciences
• Insurance and Reinsurance
• Intellectual Property and technology
• Manufacturing and transportation
• Real Estate and Environmental
• Tax Exempt Organizations and Charitable Giving