Gibbs Houston Pauw is a leading immigration law firm in downtown Seattle, which handles a broad range of immigration cases. GHP is seeking a paralegal to assist attorneys in working with clients to file immigration petitions and supporting documentation. This position requires direct client interaction and collaboration with colleagues. In addition, the paralegal will correspond with U.S. government agencies. Immigration paralegal experience is required. We provide onsite training. We are committed to serving immigrants and protecting their human rights. We are searching for someone who cares deeply about immigrant rights and is passionate about helping immigrants through the legal process. Types of cases our firm handles (but not limited to): family, business, removal and humanitarian relief (asylum, Convention Against Torture, VAWA, U Visas), naturalization, appeals and federal court litigation.
Job duties: • Assist clients with preparation of forms and collection of supporting documents, including drafting of declarations.
• Conduct legal and factual research
• Track filings and deadlines • Maintain regular correspondence with clients • Act as liaison between clients, attorney, and various government agencies • Maintain client files in electronic database and physical archive • Conduct intake screen interviews for new clients
* Salary DOE, medical, dental, 401k, including Orca card.
**Gibbs Houston Pauw is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and two references to Noah Pauw.
• 1+ year experience as Immigration paralegal preferred, but not required • Computer literacy
• Bilingual preferred, but not required (Spanish, Punjabi or other)
About Gibbs Houston Pauw
Gibbs Houston Pauw is a leading, progressive immigration law firm in downtown Seattle, which handles a broad range of immigration cases. Robert Gibbs and Robert Pauw have received numerous awards for their work.