- Interact w/ immigration law clients in English and Spanish to clearly understand their legal needs.
- Answer and transfer incoming calls for all phone lines.
- Assist with client in-take process and utilize the Immigration Tracker system to open client cases in the firm’s database system.
- Schedule initial consultation (IC) appointments for all attorneys in the practice. Call & confirm all IC appointments for all attorneys.
- Receive & review voicemails and return messages for IC appointments and payments for new legal processes.
- Utilize the Immigration Tracker system to generate reports for prospective clients.
- Follow up with clients to ensure they understand the legal retainer process.
- Process clients’ payments for IC appointments, new legal processes, and related legal services.
- Maintain log for incoming FedEx/UPS and client drop offs and distribute packages to appropriate staff members.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all conference rooms, as needed
- Train newly hired staff regarding front desk duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
Associate's degree. 1-2 years business immigration or legal office experience. Ability to work effectively under pressure. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Outstanding organizational, problem-solving skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment are essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties, the employee will constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The employee will occasionally need to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.;
· Must be able to lift 35 pounds;
· Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
Benefits include recognized work-life balance and team culture, opportunities for career advancement, office events, 10 paid holidays, Paid Time Off (15 days in first year, 20 days in second year, 25 days through end of sixth year and 30 days over seven years), group insurance package with majority employer-covered (Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability, Vision, FSA, HSA), 401k retirement benefits with employer match, safe harbor and profit sharing, vacation reimbursement program, self improvement allowance, access to free on-site gym, flexible schedule, bonuses and very competitive salary.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.